For the next 30 days, I’ll be participating in the WEGO Health’s Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge. Well I will try to at least!
Some suggestions from Wego Health:
• Share links to your daily posts over on our WEGO Health Facebook page and on Twitter with #HAWMC to connect with fellow HAWMCers. If you haven’t yet – be sure to follow @wegohealth on Twitter – we’ll be sharing HAWMC posts all month long!
• Get to know fellow HAWMCers – whether they’re in your health focus or condition-area or not. We’re all health bloggers and Health Activists. Meeting and connecting with each other is a great idea.
• Tell your readers or community members about HAWMC. Let them know you’ll be doing the Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge and that they can join in the fun too. The more the merrier! (Here’s a link to share the sign up page: http://bit.ly/x1gGxg )
Today’s blog prompt is: Health Time Capsule Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened till 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?
I would obviously have to put all of my diabetes necessities into the time capsule.
• Test strips
• Insulin Pump & supplies. (how big is this thing?)
• Glucose tabs, drinks.
• Syringes just in case the pump fails
• Ketone stix
• insurance card
• a list of diabetes resources and social media platforms
I would have a letter written to whom it may concern, explaining how our diabetes online community has come together to advocate for diabetes and how important social media became in diabetes care. How that people with diabetes don’t have to feel alone anymore and that they can do this. I would go into detail explaining how important wearing a pump/cgm is and how long it took for us to fight for it. How technology was ever changing and how patients voices became a huge force to be reckoned with.
I would like to hope that by 2112, diabetes would be cured and the person who sees all of the supplies and reads my letter, would get a glimpse of what life was like with diabetes back in the day!